On this episode of the Delivering WOW Podcast, I’m thrilled to be joined by Dr. Paul Etchison. In this episode, Paul reveals the secret to building a powerful dental team and preventing employee turnover.
Paul is the author of ‘Dental Practice Hero: From Ordinary Practice to Extraordinary Experience’. The book details how dentists can grow startups to $1m in collections the first year. As well as explaining how to de-stress the day to day running of a practice and how to become a leader that influences practice culture so positively that practice growth becomes organic.
Paul owns a large office in the Chicago suburbs and only does two days per week clinical dentistry. He is also the host of the Dental Practice Heroes Podcast. During our conversation, he talks about dealing with team power, culture and running a great practice. The practice is likely to collect a staggering $4.5 million in collections this year. And, if that’s not enough, Paul has never lost a single team member throughout the eight years his practice has been running, and as a result he has zero employee turnover.
On the podcast, we discuss:
- How Dr. Paul Etchison got into dentistry and started his own dental practice
- Why Dr. Paul Etchison has experienced zero turnover and what he attributes that to
- Tips for hiring the best team members, no matter where you are positioned
- How to grow demand for your services and why block booking is so beneficial to your bottom line
- The importance of creating an amazing patient experience and getting referrals from your existing patients
- How to keep your team happy, engaged and accountable for practice growth
Dr. Paul Etchison and his good friend, Dr. Justin Bhullar have released an amazing online course called ‘Dental Business Mentor,’ which includes over 175 videos and 50 documents relevant to dental practice management. So, if you are interested in taking part in this course, you can learn more about it here.
To watch a short trailer video of the episode, click play below: